Ridgely Railroad

RidgelyTrainStation_CentenialBookb042_Ridgely1stRRstation

 

 

The Station closed to passenger service in 1949 but continued to carry freight until 1976. The wrap around porch was no longer necessary. After 1976 the building housed a number of businesses through the years. In the 1990’s the station even served as the Ridgely’s Town Hall until it was moved to its current location, the old Saulsbury House at the corner of Central Avenue and Railroad Avenue.

Train Station Combo01